At Backcountry Tiny Homes, we're proud of having a team that inspires us each day. Our team shares the core beliefs of hard work, attention to detail, and have an attitude that work is only worth doing if you love what you do.
We invest in our team members the same way we invest in the company: a happy, fulfilled, and excited team produces better quality and better work. So, it's our job to ensure we supply a healthy work-life balance and foster personal goals while encouraging forward thinking.
We are currently hiring for:
Backcountry Tiny Homes of Hampstead, NH is seeking a full-time carpenter with general construction experience to start immediately as part of our tiny home construction team.
Backcountry Tiny Homes is a tiny home construction company that provides full design and construction services for custom tiny homes on wheels. Our built-to-order tiny homes currently have a 12-month waiting period. Majority of construction takes place inside a heated warehouse and is in close proximity to I-93/Rt.111. Position is open for immediate start. Backcountry Tiny Homes to provide all necessary tools but carpenter is welcome to bring their own. Position to have 90-day probationary period where carpenter is treated as a 1099 subcontractor position. During 90-day probationary period, carpenter responsible for claiming employment income and providing liability insurance. At the end of the 90-day probationary period, position to transition into full-time employment with stated benefits and compensation below.
• 20% - interior wall paneling installation
• 15% - trim work
• 15% - custom cabinetry/furnishing construction & installation
• 15% - prefabricated cabinet/furnishing installation
• 10% - silicone, sealant, paint, and stain application
• 10% - flooring installation
• 15% - general construction work
• 3+ years experience in finish carpentry
• 1+ years experience in rough carpentry/general construction
• Strong proficiency in cabinetry and trim work
• Strong proficiency in pneumatic, power, and hand carpentry tools
• Ability to maintain professional, friendly, and respectful attitude
• Computer literacy skills (microsoft office, email, basic use)
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Ability to lift 75-lbs +
• Must be LGBT+ friendly
• College education (any degree)
• Trailer towing experience
• Tile work experience
• Dog friendly (clients and owners have dogs on premises)
• Compensation $25-$30/hr DOE and ability to self-direct
• 10 days PTO (after 90 day probationary period)
• Health and dental benefits (after 90 day probationary period)
COVID-19 considerations: All employees are able to properly socially distance during working hours. Our location does not allow for street traffic for customers. We're open by appointment only so our foot traffic is limited inside our shop to provide safe and comfortable working conditions for our team.